Capital Projects Estimator
Website KAP Project Services
JOB ID: Swny Capital Estimator
LOCATION: Sweeny, Texas
JOB DURATION: Long Term
SALARY: DOE plus OT
Site Lead Cost Estimator
Site Based Full Time Position – Potential Work Schedule Options: (4-10’s or 9/80’s)
- Develop Phase/FEL 1 (Concept) thru Phase/FEL 3 (Definitive) Estimates and Estimate Basis’s for Site Capital/Expense Construction Projects.
- Maintain/Build/Improve: past project estimate database, metrics, tools, processes.
- Evaluate contractor & vendor quotes.
- Read/Evaluate/Perform take-offs on typical plant engineering deliverables drawings, data, MTO’s etc. to develop estimate specs/quantities.
- Read/Evaluate typical plant project schedules to develop estimate costs.
- Communicate cost/schedule concerns as they arise through correct channels.
- Coordinate project estimate kick-offs/walk-downs/quote reviews.
- Complete estimate final reviews with project teams/construction groups/turn-around groups.
- Complete change order estimates
- Assist project controls with project budget (WBS) developments.
- Work with site/corporate/contractor/historical resources to develop/analyze time, material, and manpower requirements.
- Stay up to date on current & future forecasts for: labor resource availabilities, labor market rates, material & equipment.
- 3 Years successful estimating experiences with similar plant projects
- Very strong Excel skills.
- Strong Aspen Capital Cost Estimator (ACCE) skills.
- Highly organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Able to complete project walk-downs in possible high heat & typical plant conditions.
- Ability to read and speak English fluently.
- Valid driver’s license with ability to travel.
- Familiar with a wide variety of project types, estimating practices/methods, risk/contingency development, and commercial terminologies.