Website KAP Project Services
JOB ID: 2022- Engineer
LOCATION: Corpus Christi, TX
JOB DURATION: Long Term
SALARY: DOE Hourly plus OT + Per diem
- General electrical engineering support to hydro system: dams, powerhouses, and related facilities. Assignments will involve engineering analysis/design/specification for power systems and equipment typical of hydroelectric facilities: generators, excitation equipment, bus, circuit breakers, protective relays, transformers, switchgear, motor control centers, panel boards, lighting, batteries, chargers, inverters, grounding.
- Providing technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems with equipment and systems above
- Preparation of thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Execution of assigned projects from cradle to grave: scope definition, benefit analysis, schedule development, schedule / budget / construction management, start-up and commissioning, as well as project closeout.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance in resolving electrical design, operation, and maintenance problems and contact internal and/or external experts as required.
- Utilize reliability modeling and analytical tools such as Weibull, failure tracking, root cause failure analysis, and life-cycle cost analysis to improve reliability of electrical equipment and systems.
- Develop and review turnaround worklists for inclusion of compliance-based testing requirements, needed maintenance activities & repairs, recommended upgrades & replacements, etc. of critical electrical assets.
- Provide leadership and decision making skills during turnarounds and unplanned equipment outages regarding repair solutions.
- Provide technical expertise and lead investigations to solve recurring electrical equipment failures, reliability threats, and/or performance issues.
- Establish and maintain equipment asset strategies for electrical infrastructure, including monitoring plans, PM plans, PdM activities, etc.
- Periodically review electrical corporate specifications for potential improvement based on industry and site specific experience.
- Develop cost justification for reliability improvement projects, prepare reports that monitor and track reliability indicators, provide technical resources and training to support our reliability programs.
- Conduct post-audits to measure the effectiveness of significant reliability related projects and activities.
- Provide technical resources and training to support our reliability programs.
- Revalidate/write electrical testing procedures, maintenance procedures, QA/QC checklists, etc. to ensure reliability excellence via NETA requirements.
- Display a commitment to training and continuous improvement through innovation.
- Develop and manage Electrical System Studies which include load flows, short circuit, relay coordination, arc flash, grounding and motor start studies.
- Develop and maintain final relay set points and logic configuration settings for site transmission, substation, and distribution systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline or 4 years of electrical experience in lieu of Bachelors degree.
- Must have at least five years of electrical engineering plant-level experience, preferably in the refining or petrochemical industry with electrical infrastructure.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Outlook.