Turnaround Mechanical Planner
Website KAP Project Services
JOB ID: 2022-Texas
LOCATION: Orange, Texas
JOB DURATION: 6+ months
SALARY: DOE hourly plus OT
5×10 schedule planning in SAP and duration 6 months
The Turnaround Planner is a person experienced in work execution who has the skills and knowledge to create a job package from the work order job scope. The job package contains all the information about required labor, material, and services to ensure safe, effective and efficient execution of the work.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Verifies that the minimum data required to plan work is contained in the identified job scope. Works with Operations Turnaround Coordinator to gain clarity of the scope.
- Uses existing archive job plans, task list, standard estimating tools, as applicable, to maximize planning efficiency. Update pictures and documents to support any changes that may have occurred since the job was performed last time.
- Visits the job site according to the identified job location in the work order and obtains firsthand knowledge of the physical setting where the work is to be performed and takes needed pictures.
- Creates a detailed, sequenced plan including requirements for preparation by operations and the return to service requirements.
- Identifies all labor, material, equipment, tools, etc. required to safely execute the work.
- Obtain and include material estimates in job plan cost estimate sheet.
- Works closely with TA Coordinator and material, rental and service providers to validate availability and delivery can meet need dates. Obtain quotes for creation of requisitions as needed.
- Ensures the job package contains all required documentation, such as but not limited to, current pictures, job steps, maintenance procedures, feedback forms, etc.
- Have an awareness of work orders in the backlog and look for opportunities to group multiple jobs into a single job plan.
- Update TA Plans, Procedures, Task Lists, Measuring Points and Counters, BOMs and Object Lists as needed changes are identified during the FEL process and turnaround execution phase.
- Engage Maintenance Engineers and Technologist when technical planning assistance is required.
- Print out a complete Work Order Package for craft person use in the field and deliver to the TA Coordinator.
- Scan and save all required Work Order Package information in the appropriate EQUIP Documentum File for reuse.
- Review TA / Shutdown job list on a weekly basis.
- Support schedule optimization activities.
- Focal point for material/tool/equipment issues during the execution of a job when the plan is found incomplete.
- Updates the archived TA plans based on feedback from TA Coordinator.
- Reviews backlog(s) for status; understands workload for their responsible areas.
- Assists in assuring TA job list is valid and planning to meet execution objectives.
- Upon work completion, verify all material has been ordered correctly.